Friday, May 1, 2009

Last evening my sister and family had to go out to a school function. I volunteered to have her 5 month old puppy come to our place to play with our dog. They just love each other to bits. They ran and ran and played and ran some more. I encouraged both of them to come to the river on our property to get a drink - BIG MISTEAK. Her puppy decided to jump in. Here is is stood in the middle of the river - I am on the side trying to convince him to come back - I can't get to him as I am in flip flops. My dog decides he would like to play with the puppy. The puppy starts to walk up the river and is getting closer to the other side. I know if he gets over there we are never seeing him again or at least for a while as it is all woods. I finally get my dog out of the water and away from the puppy. The puppy FINALLY decides to walk to wards me. I get him out and pick him up before he can run away. He is dripping wet. All I can think is "she paid $40 last night to get this guy groomed". He squarms so much I have to let him down. He ran right into a pile of dirt and ROLLED AROUND IN IT. Then my dog rolled him in it again. I finally get this little bundle of DIRT and carry him to my back porch and put inside so that he can't run back to the dirt pile. I go back to my gardening. WELL when I go to check on him I realize that my daughter had come home and open the porch door from the inside of the house and the dog is running all over the house with his muddy paws. Needless to say, I have to wash some walls and doors this weekend. I think he had fun though.

No comments:

Post a Comment