Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What age is a good age for mom's not to buy their daughters clothes

A funny thought just came to me - how old should you be before your mother stops buying you clothes. My mother is a "professional shopper" If you give my mother a gift card from a store, she will go in, buy everything on sale, size does not matter because she feels it will fit someone. She then comes to visit with an extra suitcase full of these great bargins. As she said "there is something for everyone". Well, last year for my parents 50 anniversary we all decided to go on a cruise to celebrate. My mother was so excited about the trip she started shopping for it immediately. She went to a local supermarket at the end of the season and hit quite the deal on bathing suites. She bought 2 for herself and one for my sister and myself. Well when she sent the suites down I was surprised how nice they were. I tried it on - not so nice. I am 5foot 6in, the body of the suite was made for a woman 4ft nothing. The straps covered my nipples (bearly). I showed my husband - I felt like a circus freak stripper. I also had one for my sister - I warned her in advance but NO she had to try it on anyway. She came out to show her husband the suit and her son was in the room. I think he is scared for life HAHA. The only advantage she had over me is that she is 5 foot nothing so the straps came a little higher than mine. Needless to say we did not take the bathing suites on the cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment