Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lunch with my friend on a rainy day

There is nothing better than sitting in a restaurant eating lunch with a friend you don't see very often but it is even better when it is raining out. Makes it seem more cozier - you don't want to be out in the rain - would rather drink coffee and talk about nothing. We talked for over 1 1/2 hour - I only get 1 hour for lunch. The time just flew. I am sure we could have talked for another 3 hours if we could have - why do we wait until the work week to do this. We should be doing it during the weekend when we do not have time restraints. I guess our time restraint on the weekend is family and life in general. We have lots of friends over the years. True friendship is someone you can talk to every day BUT if for some reason you don't see them for weeks, months or years, that when you do see each other again you just start to pick up your conversation where you left of the last time you seen them.

That is what I enjoy about Facebook - I have connected with friends who I have not seen for 20 - 25 years. We talk for hours about everything. We laugh about life experiences we had in our past. One of my friends who now lives in the land down under did not remember one incident that happened to her at church summer camp one year. One of the leaders was a mom of some of the teens at our camp. She was a "church lady" trying to be instill morals in us. My girlfiend was about 15 at the time and this camp leader came up to my friend and asked her to put bandaids over her nipples as she found them offensive at the camp where boys were present. At the time we were quite taken back and shocked that a grown lady would have the nerve to ask such a thing. Now that we look back at it we find it totally hillarious - makes me think of the church lady on Saturday night live. Isn't it funny that we can find people who are so self rightous so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment