Sunday, May 10, 2009

Funny Comments from the Unexpected

I was at the liquor store today. When I got in line an elderman in front of me was getting checked in. The clerk told him is total was $128. The man said "oh I must get some money out" The cashier said "yes you better do that because your good looks arn't going to get you very far any longer" I couldn't help but laugh. I just couldn't stop. Then it was my turn. My husband put our order on the counter. When the cashier was part way through my husband said he would go on with the box of beer. I said sure but then said to the cashier "I guess I am paying" He looked at me and said "look here Dorothy, you could also haul out your ruby redy slippers and click them together and wish you were back in Kansas" I busted out laughing so loud it was embarrassing. I told the clerk how funny he was. He admited that he had knows the elderly gentleman for a while and knew he could say something. When he had seen me laughing he said he knew he could say something to me also. I laughed the whole way across the parking lot. People were looking at me but I didn't care. The clerk had put me in such a good mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment