Friday, May 15, 2009

Emergency Dept

I hate being left alone for any length of time. Yes I enjoy the quiet but sometimes it can be boring. I remember one time, over the christmas break, we were down to only 2 staff one Friday (we are slow during the break) One of my co-workers went to get his lunch so I had to stay behind to man the phones. Well, since the phones were not ringing I decided to go in the kitchen and read the newspaper. I have to admit, I dozed of for a few minutes. I didn't even realize it. I must have just put my head against my arm and presto ASLEEP. Anyway the phone rang so I jumped up grabed my tea and ran - my foot was asleep. I stepped on it and there was no support. I went flying (literally) through the kitchen door, across the hall and into our board room. Well who should be coming in through the door was my co-worker. He thought it was funny. I realized I was in pain, fainted (yes fainted). When I came to I said to my co-worker call me sister (partner in crime) because I have sprained my ankle and have to go to the hospital. Needless to say 7 1/2 hours later I left emergency. The reason I know I was asleep is that when I came to from fainting my co-worker asked if I had been asleep. I said no, he said the reason I know you are lying is that you have a mark across your face from the cuff of your shirt. Can you believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment