Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I havn't written in a few days - had to give a presentation for work yesterday and I was pretty nervous so I had to practice, practice, practice. I would like to thank my family for their suport - my husband walked out of the room while I was practicing in front of him (guess he didn't understand when I said you can be my audience) and my step daughter kept turning the stero louder the louder I talked. Made for a great confidence building exercise. LOL



I have been thinking about changing my answering machine message at home. I always have a great message but lately I have just changed it to a plain old ordinary message. My winter message was (to the toon jingle bells) "WE'RE NOT HERE RIGHT NOW, WE'RE OUT SHOVELLING SNOW, IF YOU LEAVE A MESSAGE I WILL LET THEM KNOW. OH SHOVELLING SNOW SHOVELLING SNOW, WE'RE OUT SHOVELLING SNOW, FROM DECEMBER TO NOVEMBER WE'RE OUT SHOVELLING SNOW" (you have to put on your evil elf voice for the last section. It was so funny, I had many calls and hang up's (the kids friends phoning to hear it) One lady at the car dealership where we bought our car called to see how our service had been. The message was all laughing and then she spoke. A few weeks later my daughters boyfriend came over telling us that his friends mother had the same message as we did. I think he thought I didn't make it up after all. Well, me being me, had to investigate this farther. I asked where she worked and LOW AND BEHOLD, she worked at the car dealership. It was the lady who had called the house. She had stole my jingle.

I always make good jingles up while driving in the car but can't seem to remember them when I get home. I have a good one for the fall of the year, sung to the toon of the Adams family. Need a good spring song to make one up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment