Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY 2009

Mothers Day - what a great day to celebrate a mother that you love. My husband and kids bought me my ticket to Bon Jovi that I have hinted for(quite frequently). I am so excited. They also bought me 5 hanging basquets, some plants for my garden and new seeds. I LOVE to garden. I am even forcing bulbs and seeds in my living room window (everyone makes fun of my "grow" operation. )
This year I sent my mother a card but never put a gift inside as my sister S is flying to their house next weekend and we are giving S money to buy mom something that she wants. The woman has everything so it is hard to buy for her. I still felt she should have something mothers day so I ordered her flowers. She was so excited. She even sent me a picture of them. When I told my sister "B"(partner in crime) she looked at me like I was nuts (whats new ha). She had quite the experience last year with flowers.
Mothers Day 2008 - my sister "B" didn't know what to buy mom so she decided to send her flowers. She called mom to see how she liked them, mom said she never received any flowers. My sister called the flower shop and lodged a complaint. They assured my sister they would send out another arrangement. Another call to mom and still no flowers. Mom assured her that she had been home all day. Mom said that she had seen the guy deliver the flowers to the house across the street. My sister, getting a little upset at this point as she paid $80 for the flowers, called the flower shop again. They assured her that the flowers had been sent out, but would send them again. This time my mother received her flowers. She loved them. First time she had received flowers. Exciting times. Imagine she got them and so did a neighbour who didn't know who they came from (so mom thought). Mothers day came and went. On Tuesday dad was putting out the garbage throught the back door and what do you think was on the doorstep. 2 FLOWER ARRANGEMENTS, dying. The delivery guy kept going to the back door, which is downstairs. We are not sure why he kept passing the front door. AND not sure why he didn't see his previous arrangement at the door when he delivered the 2nd. The way moms house is layed out you have to pass the front door to go around the house and the back door is not an easy access to the inside or out. Thank God mom didn't go to the neighbours demanding her flower arrangement (now you know where I get it from)

No comments:

Post a Comment