Friday, June 19, 2009

The phone

I have come up with a new phone message - to the tune of JACK WAS EVERY INCH A SAILER

We're not here right now
We're out shoveling dirt
Mowing, weeding, planting veggies
Man my back sure hurts.

(chorse really fast)

OH shovelling dirt shovelling dirt
We're out shovelling dirt
From May to September
We're out shovelling dirt

The funny thing is that when I had my winter message on the phone the car dealership called for servicing. They left a message and the lady was laughting. The next thing I know someone tells me that his friends mom has the same massage as me and sure enough it was the woman from the dealership - she had stole my message. WELL didn't the car dealership call yesterday for servicing and the lady left a message - first laughing then the message. I don't think it was the same woman but I am not sure.

I use to work the front desk at our office. I would answer the phones and everyone would say I was singing the greeting. I would be the face greeting clients when they came in. One day, I decided since it was spring, to wear my sandles. I looked down and my toe nails were not painted so I went to the drug store and bought some nail polish, came back to work and put a coat on my toes. Sure enough wouldn't that be the time someone came in to pick up something. And the guy was new to the office so we didn't know each other. (most people who know me understand that I am a little strange) So here I am painting my toes and look up and here is the big guy stood there looking at me. I just laughed and explained, really fast why I was painting my toes at my desk. Of course the next time he came in I thought he worked for a whole different company than he worked for and told him I didn't have any paperwork for him. He just gave me that "you dumb woman" look. Then I realized who he was and put my head down and passed him the papers. I don't think he ever came back.

No comments:

Post a Comment