Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garden

Well our soil finally showed up last night - 3 beautiful loads. Now we have to move it to our area of the garden where we have preped for the veggie garden. Just went out and bought tomatos. I know I have to many but they were so cheap I couldn't resist. Last time I planted 10 plants I had at least 1000 tomatos. I ended up making salsa. I know that is what will happen again. Of course last year I only planted 4 plants and only got 2 tomatos. That was sad really. Trying to split those tiny tomatos up 4 ways for each of us to share a taste HA. Wrong family. I must have been day dreaming there for a second. Those 2 tomatos tasted mighty fine (don't tell the kids that - I didn't share) The year that we had 1000 I had every window lined with green tomatos. The bushes were so full they were falling to the ground so I ended up picking a bunch every day. I tried to do fried green tomatos - GROSS. I used them in sandwiches, soups, sauce - everything we could think of. I guess I will have to read some Martha Stewart magazine and see what she is doing with hers.

Speaking of Martha, we have been landscaping our front yard AGAIN. I made a simple statement about the lawn does not look finished and I mentioned what we should do. GUESS WHAT we did it. We put liner and mulch all across the front of the yard, whipper snippered the ditch (we put in a rock wall a few years back) and last night we put lights all across the front. Around 11 my husband woke me up to ask if I wanted to take a walk around the yard. He said it looked just like a Martha Stewart yard. Needless to say I grunted and went back to sleep - or at least pretended I was until he shut of the light and went to bed. Our hard work has paid of thought. The yard is spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment