Thursday, June 11, 2009

Must be Raining AGAIN

It is raining outside today. I shall do my most favorite thing, the one think I just love to do on rainy days (you already know if you have been following my blog). I am going to meet my girlfriend A for lunch at Cora's. We see each other 4 or 5 times a year and pick up where we left of. We use to eat lunch every day for approx 5 years but then she "retired" and my office moved location so now it is just when ever we get a chance to meet. We will sit, drink coffee, eat yummy food and talk about everything but nothing of great importance. At the end we will hug and say see you next time and yes, we should get together but we never do. Our lives are so busy. A is a wonderful woman and spirit. Her sister died 10 years ago and left behind a 2 year old and 6 week old. "A" was just starting to enjoy the "empty nest" way of life. Bought herself a motor cycle, started travelling with her husband and girlfriends. She even got blessed with a beautiful grandson 4 years ago. Around that time, her whole life changed and she became legal guardian of her sisters children (now 6 and 8). I am sure there are days when she is pulling out her hair and would like to go back to being "empty nest" again but one day those 2 little children she took in to her house, will look at her and say THANK YOU. She has given these children the most wonderful life. I think "A" is a hero. Everyone has a HERO in them somewhere, we just have to look and see where it is sometimes and sometimes it may take years for it to appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment