Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I have met my match

If you think I am a little strange you should meet our office assistant, M. I just went out to speak to her about a bruise I had. Then we started talking about her new deoderant that was giving her a headache. She said "can't you smell it" and she started flapping her arms like a bird flaps its wings. TO FUNNY

I have put my phone number on the NO CALL list that our government has in place. This prevents call centres from calling your house. It doesn't work. I still get between 4-6 calls per day. Sometimes I answer then and hang up, sometimes I answer them and put the phone in front of the TV or radio, you get the picture. I figure if they are going to call they can pay for it on their end. Well I have had 2 funny experiences with these calls over the years. The first one happened about 1 year ago. We had company over one night and the phone rang. My daughter said "mom it is one of those 1800 numbers gain". Me being me, picked up the phone, answered it and layed it on the table. My friends kept talking and after about 4 minutes my husband picked up the phone and could hear a woman saying "is this Cheryls house" He handed the phone to me and said it is a woman looking for you. I thought he was nuts but took the phone and said HELLO. It was my mothers friend visiting from another province. She was in town and thought she would call me to say hi. I felt so bad. I explained why I did it. I checked the phone afterwards to see the phone number she used. It was her cel phone which registered her phone number from her province. My daughter seen it wasn't our area code and just assumed it was a solititation call. Needless to say I check the numbers now before answering.
The second one happened about 2years ago. I had a guy call and start with his blurb. I got a little angry as it was supper time and yet again, about the 5th call I had received from such a number since getting home from work. I said, with my stern voice "I suggest that you take my number of your list right now" and he said "I suggest that you lick my balls" I SAID WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY (I was very loud and mad by now. He repeated himself. I was so mad I hung up and ranted and raved all night. By the next day I calmed down and found it quite funny. Imagine how many calls these guys make in the run of a day and how many rude people they come in contact with. Some days I wish I could use a sentence like that at work (not those exact works)

No comments:

Post a Comment