Monday, June 14, 2010

BOWLING BALLS


You may think I am a little "crazy" "of the wall" but my coworker is just as bad. She is very "crafty". She does painting for all the craft shows in our area. So last week she buys a magazine and finds this great bowling ball craft for the garden. Beautiful. I say "where are you going to get bowling balls" she says at a yard sale. In the back of my mind (or did I say it out loud) the words shes crazier than me.

Well lunch time today we had 1 hour to kill so we go to a local popular second hand store for a look. We walk in and I look in the "ODDS AND ENDS" bin and there are 2 bowling balls. BIG ONE's with the holes. We are so excited. Those things weigh a ton. We put them in our baskets and drag them around the store. The sales person notices us and offers us the new carts with the wheels. Of course at every turn the cart has a mind of its own and goes flying.

We pay for our finds - L (my coworker) explaining why we are buying bowling balls. I sort of felt a little foolish with my ball. We put them in the car. Mine is in the trunk. We start driving and hear a big THUMP. I round a turn and THUMP. I come to a light and THUMP. I had to get out and put the ball in the back seat or I would have to explain to my husband why my new car has lumps from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment