Friday, April 23, 2010

French menu

Yesterday, a few of us from the office went out for lunch. Beautiful restaurant, nice atmosphere. We were all reading the menu trying to decide what to order. The lady next to me asked what I was having and I said I was thinging about "blah blah" She asked me where that was because she didn't see it. I pointed it out and she actually said what she was thinking out loud "that is the french side of the menu". I stop, look at her and then at the other person at the table and look back at her. I say as nicely as possible without laughing in her face "there is no french side to this menu" We are in Nova Scotia where we don't have french menu so I don't know why she thought this so I ask.

Here is her reasoning - on one side of the menu is said SPAGHETTINI ALLA BALOGNESE directly across it said SPAGHETTINI ALLA CARBONARA. She just figured it was french. She didn't read the rest of the right side to see other food options because it was "french" I am still laughing at this HAHAHA I told her she would make my blog - good think she is cute

No comments:

Post a Comment