Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I'VE NEVER BEEN CALLED "SLICK" BEFORE

I am at work and have some mail for the out tray at the front desk. I trot on up and there is a person sitting there waiting to pick up paperwork. I recognize her from years ago when I use to sit at the front desk. I casually say hi and make small chit chat. I say "the last time I saw you was years ago and you were pregnant." She smiles and says, I don't have children, never pregnant. I say "I must be thinking of someone else. I never get to see anyone any more now that I don't work up front. Yes, it has to be at least 10 years since I saw you".

I then leave and go into my bosses offices to discuss a new piece of business. I tell him what I said and he is laughing and telling me "that is something you NEVER say to someone - are you pregnant" I defend myself and say I just said I thought she was pregnant years ago but must have confussed her with someone else" Lucky for me L walked in and said Cheryl was SLICK. She smoothed talked her way out of that. Slick I like that. Never been called Slick before.

No comments:

Post a Comment