Thursday, July 23, 2009

Relax

Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE TO TAKE NAP AT LUNCH TIME. I find the older I get the short time I need to sleep during the night so to catch a little nap during the day is golden. I remember a couple of times I fell asleep and woke myself snoring.

My husband and myself were lying in bed the other night and I decided it was time to change the answering machine. He insisted he wanted to be involved and even came up with our new idea. It is corny but cute. I say Hello (pause) he says Hello. I say "hang up the phone hon I have it ..... You get the picture. We thought we were so funny. We keep calling people and telling them to call. They think we are loosers (B that is you).

Another fun thing that happened is that B's inlaws are in town. They came to my place 2 nights in a row to play cards with my husband and their son and grand son. B and myself sneak down into the tv room to watch Coronation Street on line. It is one of our many guilty pleasures. I tried to watch it on tv the other night with my husband K in the room and I was trying to explain the story line to him but he didn't get it. I think maybe he didn't understand what they were saying. I don't understand that as we have the same accent. It was kind of embarrassing actually because he though it was lame. I think after this week I might have him hooked though. I even have him hooked to So You Think You Can Dance. He enjoys watching it with me.

My most favorite guilty pleasure is my 8pm treat each night. An Ice Cream Sandwich. Each night at 8 K ask me if I want one. Sure do. We are like kids in a candy store eating our hidden ice cream. Yes we hid them. I have at least 6 different types of ice cream for the kids but they all eat our treat soI have to hid them. Sometimes when I get down on myself and think I am "larger than the average bear" I put the ice cream out where the girls can see them so they can eat them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment