Monday, July 13, 2009

phobia

I have a phobia to mice, actually all rodents. I just hate the. They freak me out. Well, late friday night, around 12:30, I could hear my cat in the kitchen window crying to come in. We usually try to keep them in the house but it is hard in the summer because we like the doors open and they want to be out. I am all snuggly in my bed when I hear her; I know I have to go let her in or she will cry up there all night and keep us awake. So I get out of bed and stomp my way to the kitchen just to see that she is not in the window. I go to the dining room and turn on the light over the patio and sure enough there she is inside my gazabo. I open the door to get her in and she stops and drops a mouse. I FREAK. I call my husband to come and get the cat and save the mouse. He is in his underwear running around the deck after this cat who, does not want to be caught. Finally I say, hon come in and let nature take its course. Sure enough the next morning when I go out with my morning coffee, there are dead mouse parts under my chair. I go to the lower deck and decide to sit there and there are mouse parts there also. I wait for my husband to get up, pick it up and I bleached the spots.

This story reminds me of 2 other stories. One was over the past winter. I had a croud at my place and we are all laughing and talking, sitting around the living room. We have the doors open because, as usual I have the woodstove in, in the basement. For some reason I just happen to look down in front of me and there was the biggest dead mouse I had ever seen. The cat was sitting right proud to give me a little present. I just started to scream and I was scurrying to climb the couch and wall. I scared everyone half to death with my curdling screams. My poor sister B (partner in crime) was next to me scream for no apparent reason other than the fact I was screaming like a maniac. My husband just scooped that mouse up and left the house. I ran for the mop and bleach.

The second story is when I had bought some new furniture 2 years ago. The furniture delivery guys came and started bringing in furniture. All the doors were open for the joyest occasion. When the guys put together my new dining room table we all came out to see it. I looked down and there on the floor was a dead mouse without a head. I started screaming and climbing up on the new chairs. Everyone just looked at this raving idiot trying to climb up on the chandler by this time. My husband looked down to see the mouse. The delivery guys left at this point, no doubt laughing all the way back to the warehouse.

What is it with me and mice and those cats. The cats always leave little presents at the front door for us. This year they havn't bringing them home or havn't been killing so much (not sure which - think it is the first one)

No comments:

Post a Comment