Friday, October 16, 2009

The bed has never felt better

Last evening I decided to run to the supermarket to grab some food for a dinner I am having Saturday night. As I pulled out of the subdivision I could smell this strong smell of gas. My daughter and myself figured it was the car in front of us. I started driving and the smell stayed just as strong. I even slowed down to let the car go further along so we could get rid of the smell but it didn't go away. All of a sudden I look down at the gas hand and it is at 1/4 then all of a sudden my gas light was on. Luckly for me I was approaching a gas station. I pulled in and looked under and gas was pouring out of my car. I called my husband who, as usual came to my rescue. He came out in his lumber jacket, tore up, paint stained track pants and old dress shoes (odviously took the time to dress for the occasion) - I guess I shouldn't critise as he did wear a tshirt this time (my friends will know what I mean). He got under that hood, I held the flashlight, and he tore that car apart and put it back together, tore it apart again and put it back together AND tore it apart for the 3rd time and seen exactly what the problem was. Of course, for anyone who knows my husband, he had a spear part at home in the garage. So we all pile into the van, stinking of gas, and head home. 20 minutes later we are back - dressed better for the weather this time, and he tears the car apart again, changes some oil rings on some part under the hood and wala, the car starts and the gas is stopped gushing. 2 hours later, in minus 2 temperatures we finally get home. I couldn't wait to get under the covers and get warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment