Thursday, August 27, 2009

Rednecks

As you know, I was at my parents for the last few weeks. My brother and his wife were also there. My brother had a friend who was on vacation in Newfoundland. The friend left Newfoundland last week for the 5 day trip across the country to his home in Alberta. My brother W and this guy JC kept on contact with other the whole trip. This guy, JC, had been given moose meat, fish, etc while home so he went and bought a new freezer and put it in the back of his truck so that he could transport the frozen goods back to Alberta. Well part way across Newfoundland the plug on the freezer broke so he went into Canadian Tire and bought a new one. Sure enough, that one broke also so JC went into the next store and bought a generator and hooked the freezer up to the generator and had it running for the whole 5 day trip across the country.

Of course, while passing through Nova Scotia, JC's wife mentioned that they could get Zippo Lighters (don't know what they are) in Halifax, so this guy proceeds to tell my brother that when they got to Truro the made the turn to the PROVINCE OF HALIFAX, where they drove around for 1 hour and couldn't find the lights. 1st of all, Halifax is a city not a province (my brother never had the heart to tell JC this) and secondly, Halifax is 1 hour of the Trans Canada Highway, so this guy, who had a 5 day trip across the country, wasted 3 hours to come the the province of Halifax for lighters. Where did my brother meet this moron LOL

Speaking of Morons, I am driving my kids to a function the other night. I come to a stop sign and there are two guys sitting in their vehicles talking to each other just talking. I sit there, being patient, and wait for them to move. NO, they didn't entertain the though, so I gave my horn a light TOOT TOOT. Thought they might just not see my Burgandy Uplander (hard to miss it) but NO they don't move. So I did what any law abiding person would do - I lay my hand on the horn and wouldn't let up until they moved. I knew that fog horn noice they wouldn't be able to hear each other talk. It worked. My partner in crime was it me, of course. She couldn't believe I did it. Does she not know who I am.

For those of you who know my family, after I wrote the last blog we called an ambulance and had dad put back in hospital. After 9 hours in the emegency room, they found a bed for him and they found fluid on his lungs. He was hooked up to drains for 3 days, very painful, but is much better now and is getting released today. Thanks for your love, calls and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment