Wednesday, August 19, 2009

He's Home

Dad came home today. Cranky as usual - so he must be feeling better HAHA. I have to say, the nurses at the hospital were amazing. I have a new respect for nurses. Those ladies/men worked 12 hours and had a smile for each of us every time they came in dads room. He had a 5 valve bypass on Friday and right from the start Pam, the nurse, talked to us and to him. She would talk to dad even when he was unconsious and tell him what she was doing to him. She took care of dad 3 days in ICU and then we moved to another floor where Afton, the nurse, gave us just as much pleasure with her pleasant smile. The doctor, even with hairy ears, was amazing, explaining everything to us, including the whole open heart operation procedure. Of course, I had to go sit down so I wouldn't faint.I do have a weak stomach. We met lots of wonderful people in the waiting room going through the same thing as our family. Each family sitting waiting until we were allowed to enter the room 2 at a time, just for that 5 minute visit to say "we are here" or "good night". What a relief when I was out today, during our lunch break (visiting hours stoped from 1 - 3:30) I took mom to Sears Bargin Basement for a look around (got a dress for my friends wedding) and we got the call telling us dad had been discharged. We rushed home grabbed his close and went to the hospital. It only took 2 hours to get everything organized and discharged. I am happy not to have to put anti-germ hand cream on my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment