Friday, April 24, 2009

It is a lovely day here. I am driving to work singing Van Halen and I spy a yellow (bright sun yellow) scooter waiting to pull of a street. As I approach I am taken back - the mean scooter driver is wearing a hells angle type SCULL HANKY around his face. Oh man I need to start carrying that camera.

This evening I realized that I am turning into my mother. Mom is a wonderful little woman who LOVES A BARGIN - dad calls her Betty Bargins. She giggles just like a school girl when she gets a good one - calling all her daughters to tell us. Today I went to the local grocery store. If you buy gas at their gas station you get coupons towards free groceries. When I went to the check out I told the lady I had a few and proceeded to haul out about 10 coupons of different dominations. When she finished subtracting the totals the store actually OWNED ME 23 CENTS. Can you imagine - free groceries and money back. I couldn't wait to get home to call mom. WE LAUGHED together like school girls. Such a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment