Friday, December 11, 2009

the village idiot

At work today our CEO and RVP came to visit. They are here for our christmas dinner tomorrow. They came today for a meeting with the staff - gave us an overview of the year and what is happening in the company. We are all sat in the meeting listening to every word, commenting when necessary. I being me, take of my shoe so I could put my foot up on the leg of the table - not being noticed by anyone except my college "P". Paul likes to play pranks like he did when he was a kid. He is 49 - past the kid and prank stage.

He looked down and seen my shoe, hooked it with his foot, pulled his chair into the board room table and flicked the shoe under the table, where I could not reach it. I am trying not to laugh - making eye contact to the lady next to me and our manager. Both don't understand what my problem is. Then across the table one of the other guys "D" see's my shoe, takes it with his feet and moves it up next to our CEO, who looks down and is wondering where the shoe came from. Right in the middle of a pretty heated discussion with one of our managers and our RVP I have to cut in and explain why our CEO has a shoe at his feet. Yes I work with the village idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment