Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Moving

I have been so busy. Haven't had much time lately so I have fallen behind on my entries. As many of you know my father had taken ill in August. Well they moved here this past Sunday. My sisters and myself found a beautiful, brand new apartment in a seniors building for them. The furniture showed up on Saturday. My sister, husband and myself went out and got all the furniture and boxes in the apartment. Sunday my sister (partner in crime) and myself decided to go out and unpack some boxes. WELL let me tell you, my mother has more dishes than anyone else I know. B and myself unpacked for hours. Every box seemed to have a plate, glass or bowl. Those packers sure know how to pack EVERYTHING in the house. The techniques they use to get everything in the boxes is unreal. At one point B unwrapped a bowl of GRAPES. Yes real grapes. The next box had a bowl with a real orange and 2 lemons. Did the movers not stop to think that this stuff could rot. When this stuff was being packed my parents original plan was to store it for 6 months and live with me. The movers knew this - so why would they wrap fruit. I figure it is so that after 6 months when we unwrapped the bowl of grapes it would be wine to celebrate their new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment