Thursday, December 22, 2011

Montreal Canadiens and Xmas

My husband had seen a picture at Cosco last week of the Montreal Canadiens. It cost $299. + 15% tax. I say "you have no where to hang this picture" he has that all figured out. OK REALLY I have spent about $500 on him already but don't want him to know that. We didn't get the pic. Yesterday I was thinking about the pic and was trying to figure out how to get it without him knowing. I don't have a membership so have to rely on other people to buy stuff for me. I decide to take my "partner in crime" sister B with me and use her membership. Last night my 2 sisters living here and myself go out to supper so figure I would go after. Well doesn't my husband have to come to that area of town and goes to a restaurant down the road. His daughter text me and says they will wait for me to go pick up groceries after supper. No one ever wants to go pick up groceries with me. OK so I figure out plan B - L at work has a membership so on our lunch break today we go over to Cosco and get the picture. The think is about 4 feet high. I can't push the giant cart and see around it at the same time. So i push a foot or two then look out around the pic then I push a little further and stop to look. People are in a rush in cosco and there are alot of people to avoid with the cart. Men are looking at me with envy - women are looking at me like I'm nuts. We decide to stop for hot dog on the way out, only $1.50 for a dog and drink. WELL who knew it would be so hard to park a giant cart and picture. I am convinced someone is going to steel this master piece. I am like a moron pushing it in around the tables trying not to hit anyone in the process. We finally get to the car AND THE PICTURE WON'T FIT IN MY TRUNK. I have to put it in the back seat which means that I have to carry it up the elevator to my office because, someone might steal it out of my car (dam car got to go). Why didn't I bring the truck today. Would have made my life easier. Now I am figuring how to get it home. Today I have a eye appt on the way home so should I take it and lug it into the eye clinic with me. Remember it is about 4 x 3 maybe even bigger. Or tomorrow I could take it home but I have a hair appt - yet again, I could drag it into the salon with me. Why couldn't my husband want a pair of earrings like a normal person. NO go big or don't go at all is his motto and I have sure lived up to that one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment