Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Birthday Tradition

My daughter turned 16 this week. Last night we had the family in for pizza and "cheesecake" (girls get to pick birthday supper and cake type - E loves blueberry cheesecake)

First thing to discuss is the cheesecake. E loves the no bake type. Sunday evening I made the cake so it had 24 hours to set before we ate it. I made the crust, whipped up the cream, put frozen blueberries in the cream and 2 tubs of fresh blueberries on the top. It looked perfect and so quick to make. About 1/2 hour after putting it in the fridge I was walking across the kitchen and there on the counter was 2 packages of cream cheese. I couldn't believe it. I had to take each berry of the top of the cheese cake carefully, wash them. Then scoope out the cream - put it in the bowel and mix in the creamcheese. Needless to say the frozen berries turned the cream a beautiful shade of purple. I then assembled the cake again. The taste didn't change.

Last night we ordered pizza and once all eaten by all, we got out the cheese cake. I told everyone the story about the cheese - they figured that was my luck. I bought candles that spelt out Happy Birthday. I asked my sister to come help light them because I was having trouble and there were so many candles. My step daughter came out to help also. We turned of all the lights so the candles were the only thing showing, bought in to the room with 8 people stood around. We are all singing and my step daughter announces that the cake said Birthday Happy. I had put the word happy on first then put on birthday - just in the wrong order. I am such a looser.

No comments:

Post a Comment